With proper care our highest quality metals that are made up of 14k gold filled and sterling silver (.925) jewelry will last for years. However, with all jewelry pieces plated or filled it should all be treated the same way to keep it looking brand new longer.
Here are a few things you can do to keep your jewelry beautiful:
- Store your jewelry in a dry, air-tight area such as the plastic sleeve your jewelry arrived in.
- Store/hang your jewelry away from other metals.
- Exposure to hooks or trays made with base metals will cause jewelry to oxidize.
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to water. The minerals/chemicals in tap water, pools, saunas, beaches, etc. will cause jewelry to oxidize quickly.
- Use any hair, skin, and fragrance products before you put your jewelry on to minimize direct contact.
- Remove jewelry before working out or doing other vigorous activities.
- Remove before sleeping.
For daily maintenance of your gold fill or sterling silver jewelry:
Clean with mildly sudsy water, rinse well and pat dry with a non-scratching cloth. Polish gently with a jewelry polishing cloth. Keep away from any chemicals, hair, skin and fragrance products as they can tarnish jewelry faster.
We love a dainty look; this means that we use delicate chains for many of our necklaces. Please take care that the jewelry is not stretched/pulled (children and pets are usually the culprits!)
We do understand that mistakes happen, so we offer a jewelry repair service. If your jewelry breaks within 30 days of receiving it, we will repair it at no cost to you.
For bracelets, if it got caught and something broke, collect as many beads as possible, and send a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hopefully we can repair your bracelet depending on the amount of beads you have. Repairs start at $10 and up.
If your jewelry needs repair, please contact customer service at email@example.com.